Here is a prayer for your day today .... taken from The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions.
O Fountain of all good,
Nothing exceeds your power,
Nothing is too great for you to do,
Nothing is too good for you to give.
Infinite is your might, boundless your love, limitless your grace, glorious your saving name.
Let angels sing for sinners repenting, prodigals restored,
backsliders reclaimed, Satan's captives released,
blind eyes opened, broken hearts bound up,
the despondent cheered, the self-righteous stripped,
the ignorant enlightened, and saints built up in their holy faith.
I ask great things of a great God.
Amen
Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Take Time to Rest!
Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...
-
Recently I enjoyed a cup of Tanzanian coffee making a WAWA pit stop. I enjoyed it so much I stopped at another WAWA store to grab another ...
-
Out with the old .... in with the new and then some! That pretty much sums up my wife's surgery this morning. The surgeon removed the ...
-
Yesterday, I attended a stewardship of leadership meeting. As part of that meeting, we prayed a prayer that I needed to pray ... not just ye...

No comments:
Post a Comment