The "Nevers" of the Gospel

During a morning time of prayer today, I was using one of my favorite devotional helps, The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions.  Praying through one of the prayers, I was struck by the following lines:

O LORD, May I 
    never confine my religion to extraordinary occasions,  
      but acknowledge thee in all my ways; 
   never limit my devotions to particular seasons
       but be in they fear all the day long; 
   never be godly only on the Sabbath or in thy house,
       but on every day abroad and at home; 
   never make piety a dress but a habit, 
       not only a habit but a nature,
       not only a nature but a life. 

Amen. 

Wow! Now there is a prayer I really need to be praying. Not just today -- but everyday! Take a moment and make this prayer your own. I suspect like me ... you need to do so, too! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...