Friday Coffee with PJ

It's Friday ... and I am really going to enjoy my morning coffee this morning! I have been ill this week ... and have not had a cup of coffee since Sunday morning. For those of you genuine coffee lovers, you know I must have been feeling poorly to have no desire for a cup of java! All that said, this week's edition will be somewhat shorter than normal. Still, I hope you find something to stir your heart and strengthen your faith.

1. My wife returned from a shopping trip the other day and informed me that the vehicle registration on our van had been expired for a month! Ouch! Renewing vehicle registrations is something I have never forgotten to do ... not in all the years I have been a car owner (I bought my first car, a 1965 Chevy Bel Air when I was 17. My twin brother and I shared it for two years and then sold it when we went off to college in Philadelphia - we bought it for $350 and sold it for the same!). So I at once took care of renewing the registration online. But think with me .... across all the years of car ownership (43 years to save you from doing the math) .. and with many of those years requiring the renewal registrations for two vehicles ... to forget just once is not a bad track record. Right? So I should feel pretty good about it (actually I am feeling very thankful that a friend pointed out the expired sticker on our license plate!). But aren't you glad that God ... when it comes to remembering his promises ... never once across scores of generations of human history involving scores of different promises ... NEVER ONCE has he forgotten a promise he has made to us! I am reminded of these words the prophet Jeremiah spoke to God: "Morning, by morning new mercies I see. Great is your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23).  What was true in Jeremiah's day is true in our day .. and I thank God will be true in my grandchildren's day as well!

2. This week of sickness has reminded me of just how frail our bodies are. But I praise God that these bodies are not the bodies we will have to endure for eternity. Paul describes the bodies that await us in the great resurrection chapter of the New Testament: 1 Corinthians 15. He does so by contrasting our current bodies with the ones that await us at the final resurrection. Take a moment to read his words (and remember, he was writing under the inspiration of God. Therefore his words are God's words). Then worship our Creator who promises a new body to all of us who treasure Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior --- and as I mentioned above, he is ALWAYS faithful to his promises. He will NOT forget! We will receive a new body that we will enjoy FOREVER and EVER! Amen!

"So it is with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable: what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body."
(1 Corinthians 15:42-44)

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...