Friday Coffee with PJ

After enjoying Thanksgiving Day with my family (there were a total of 18 in our home for the celebration!), I am ready for more turkey leftovers (I just love turkey dinners ... even more than steak!). Often my problem is that my wife sends so many leftovers home with the kids that there is often not much left for me! But I made sure that did NOT happen this year! 😉 Thanks for joining me for Friday Coffee with PJ! 

1. I hope that during this Thanksgiving weekend, you spend some quality time thanking God for his many blessings ... and if you failed to do so yesterday, well today is another day! Here are a couple of quotes to inspire you toward a grateful heart! 


"To be right with God the Judge is a great thing, but to be loved and cared for by God the Father is greater." 
(J. I. Packer) 

“It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich!”  
(Dietrich Bonhoeffer)

“I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that, I still possess.” 
(Corrie ten Boom)

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

For the Lord is good;

    his steadfast love endures forever,
    and his faithfulness to all generations."
(Psalm 100:4-5)

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
(1 Thessalonians 5:18) 

2. The MacDonald's restaurant next door to our church is undergoing a massive makeover. They are adding a second drive thru lane and renovating the inside of the restaurant. It has already been shut down for two weeks ... and it looks like there is still quite a bit of work to be done. But eventually (and probably sooner rather than later ... every day closed is a day the restaurant is not making money) ... the store will be reopened to the happiness of its regular customers. 

We who choose to follow Jesus are also undergoing a massive makeover, and I for one am glad for it! I know what I once was. And I know that I am not even close to "having arrived" where God wants me to be. But God is at work in me and will one day complete his work (Philippians 1:6). Until that time, I must strive to work out my salvation with fear and trembling KNOWING that God is at work IN ME to do and to will of his good pleasure (Philippians 2:12-13). And that is one HUGE motivator to say "Thank you, God for not quitting on me!" 

Thanks for stopping by ...
pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...