Friday Coffee with PJ

It's Friday so please pour yourself a cup of coffee (or your favorite "get me started in the morning" beverage) and join me for a few random thoughts from which I hope you can glean some inspiration for your walk with God. 

First, my apologies for missing a Friday post the past two Fridays. The week of October 1st I traveled to Winona Lake, Indiana to attend the Board of Trustees meetings of Grace College and Seminary. The meetings were great and the travel uneventful (oh, except for a flat tire on my rental car). But being tied up all week meant I had no time to write a blog post. Then last week, I spent time catching up from being away AND working ahead since I will be out this upcoming week (I am writing this on Sunday October 14th) enjoying a week of vacation with my wife. I am not stating an excuse here. Just want you to know why I have been "missing in action!" 


Speaking of vacation, our plans are to leave Monday morning and travel south. First to the Maryland shore and then on to Williamsburg, VA. Included in our time away, we are planning to stop and see some friends and family who live down that way. Sharon and I are looking forward to reconnecting with these people we love (and reconnecting with each other, away from the pressures of routine life and ministry). 

As I think about our plans, I am struck with just how important life’s relationships are. Whether it is blood family or the family of God (which is also blood family – Christ’s blood that is!), relationships should be at the top of our priority list. Jesus makes it quite clear that love for others should be one of our top goals in life (he placed it right behind our love for God - see Matthew 22:36-40). The New Testament letters are full of admonitions for us to "one another one another" (Romans 12:10; Galatians 5:13; Hebrews 10:24-25). 

So given the weight placed upon relationships by God's Word, how about YOU?  Are you so caught up in the Great American “Rat Race” that you find little time to cultivate meaningful relationships in your life?  If so – it may be time for you to make some needed changes. You (and those around you) will be better for it! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj





No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...