Long Over Due!

Over 1000 days have transpired since I last posted. So now that I am entering a new chapter in life (working part time), I thought I would try my hand (fingers really) to pick up where I left off. So with the aroma of a cup of coffee tickling my nose and stimulating my mind, I offer you a few thoughts which I hope and pray will warm your heart, strengthen your faith, and sharpen your mind! 

Yesterday morning was a busy one with a breakfast meeting, a doctor's appointment (the older I get the more doctors I am seeing!), and stops at the local gas station and bank. The day was on the cold side. So I wore my favorite beanie (when one has as little hair on top as I do, beanies are NOT optional cold weather attire!). When yesterday afternoon arrived and my wife and I were heading out, my cherished beanie was nowhere to be found. Looking everywhere I came up empty. So I grabbed another from the closet and went on my merry way. . .  

. . .Well I just returned home from having breakfast with my son (and I am sure you did not even know I was gone!). But as I was putting my winter coat on to leave the house, I happened to check the pockets of my rain jacket which is the same color as my winter coat. Lo and behold, I found my favorite beanie! I was relieved I had not lost it. But misplacing it had me thinking I had. 

All of us misplace things from time to time. Sometimes they may be important (like the time I misplaced my car keys only to be notified by mail that they were waiting for me at the Lancaster City Police station! How they ended up there is another tale for another day). Other items misplaced are soon forgotten. 

As I thought about misplacing things, it came to mind that God NEVER misplaces anything. And that includes you and me. In fact, God is on record saying, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me" (Isaiah 49:16). So when we go through a rough patch in our journey through life and the enemy of our soul whispers to us that God has lost sight of us and our troubles, do not buy his lie. Instead, recite God's promise to yourself. Your name is engraved on the palms of his hands. So he can never misplace you.That's right. NEVER! For you are precious to him yesterday, today, and forever!  

Thanks for stopping by, 

PJ 

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...