Your donut – regular or decaf?



If Dr. Robert Bohannon has his way, the next time you stop in at your favorite donut shop, you may be asked that question. Dr. Bohannon, who is a molecular scientist/café owner, believes people could benefit from caffeine options other than coffee or tea. So he has come up with the idea of putting caffeine into some popular sweet treats like the ever popular donut. At present, he is trying to market his idea to some popular chains like Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts – but no word yet from them as to whether or not they will lay out the dough for Bohannon’s idea.

Hmm. I am sure there are many among us that like the idea of more options for caffeine intake. We live in an overworked, under-rested society. Most of us don’t get enough sleep. Therefore the need for caffeine (How many of you don’t feel awake until you have had a cup – or a pot – of coffee?). I can relate to that. But lately I have been sensing a growing conviction that I need to take better care of my body. After all, I only get one! So I had better take care of it. And given the truth that my body is now the temple of the Holy Spirit – I have even more motivation to care for it well. All this to ask all of us – are we being good stewards of the body that God has given us? That means getting adequate amounts of sleep, exercising on a regular basis, eating healthy, etc. Let’s determine to take some steps toward a healthier lifestyle!


Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...