Random Thoughts on a Friday Morning

In this morning's paper, I saw a photo of a woman and her newborn baby. The baby weighed an amazing 19 pounds, 2 ounces!  Needless to say the baby was delivered by Cesarean. Now that is SOME baby!  I am so glad for my wife's sake that all three of our babies were in the 6 - 8 pound range!


Also in today's paper, I read THREE articles on the same page concerning bombing plots that were in various stages of development. And these plots were not overseas plots ... but plots being hatched right here in the United States. This is a reminder that those who hate our country are still determined to hurt our country. But in the midst of all of this hate and anger in our world, it is a comfort to know that our God reigns!

This is fair week at Lampeter. Our church has a Baby Comfort Station at the fair. Moms (or dads) can come and change their babies. And if Mom needs to nurse her baby, we provide a private area for her to do that. But we also offer fairgoers free popcorn and ice water and, more importantly, information on our church and our faith. Through the first two days of the fair, we have given out over 70 Bibles to those who desired to have one (one woman who received a Bible was observed later on reading the Bible we gave her as she staffed another fair booth!). That excites me ... because as God tells us, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17).



 Finally, I would ask you to pray for my son-in-law, Ryan Aument and me as together we are exploring the exciting possibility of establishing CIDEL-USA (see posting of Wednesday, September 16 for a description of CIDEL in the C.A.R.). We have mapped out our strategy and our beginning to take our initial steps. One of these is to recruit a prayer team of at least a dozen people who will commit to pray daily for our efforts, remembering that "unless the LORD builds the house, it's builders labor in vain" (Psalm 127:1).  IF you would like to be a part of our prayer team, please let me know by emailing me at jsmith@gracewv.org. Thanks!

And thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...