Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful . . .


The meteorologists are having a hay day -- or better said, a SNOW day! It always makes me chuckle about how much these weather forecasters get all excited about weather in general and big snow storms in particular! Well I must say they have done pretty well so far in forecasting this particular storm. As I write this posting, it is snowing fairly hard out there and we already have several inches on the ground. And the forecast I just viewed said the heaviest period of snow fall will be this afternoon into this evening! I guess that means we will be looking at well over a foot of snow before it is all over. Throw in some stiff winds that are forecast, and I am thinking that church services tomorrow will be only a dream! Of all Sundays (the Sunday before Christmas) to have to cancel! But I must remind myself that God is sovereign even over the weather. In Job 37:6 we read that God "says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth." So this snow storm is all part of God's providence.

Let me encourage you to use this time to slow down and reconnect ... with God and with your family. Spend some time around your Christmas tree. Moms and dads, share some childhood memories of your Christmases of yesteryear. Sing a Christmas carol or two. Open your Bible and do some long overdue reading. Play some games. Call a friend (you should catch them at home if your friend lives anywhere near Lancaster!).  Whether you are a snow lover or hater - "This is the day that the LORD has made" (Psalm 118:24) - so "let us be glad and rejoice in it!" Even if the weather outside is frightful!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...