T-minus 42 Hours and 11 Minutes!


As I write, the year 2009 will soon be over (in just 42 hours and 11 minutes to be specific). Wow! Where did all the other 8718 hours go? They went where all the rest of the 45,000 (give or take a few) hours of my life have gone (and where one day all the remaining hours of my earthly life will also go!). They are done. Finished. Never to be lived again. As I sit here thinking about this, here are a few thoughts I offer for your consideration:

1. Since life passes so quickly (and can never be reclaimed) - don't waste it! Make the most of the time God gives you ... to live for Him. Heed these words of the Apostle Paul, "Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity" (Ephesians 5:15-16a). Strive to live your life in such a way that your days matter .... to God and the work He is doing in this world!

2. Work on daily cultivating an attitude of thankfulness and joy. Each day is a gift from God. As the book of psalms reminds us, "This is the day that the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!" (Psalm 118:24).Put off griping and complaining and put on a spirit of gratitude!

3. Spend more time in prayer. I know I need to do this ... but with life being so short and passing so quickly, we MUST ask God to anoint our days with His grace and His enablement, without which we are destined to fail. Let's practice the instruction of 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to "pray continually."

Thanks for stopping by ...

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...