True Freedom!

Today we celebrate our freedom as Americans. It was 235 years ago that the Founding Fathers of our country gathered in Philadelphia to sign a Declaration of Independence from British rule. That was the easy part. Next came several long years of war against the world's most powerful military. The end result astounded the world. The colonists were victorious and the United States of American became truly free. I am grateful for the blessing of living in this free land.

Yet as I think of this freedom today, I am reminded of a far more valuable freedom that I possess. Jesus taught us about this freedom in the Gospel of John. Please take a moment and read what He had to say .... and then rejoice in the freedom He and He alone can give! (and if you have never embraced this freedom, consider doing so today!).

"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free . . . So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8:31-32, 36)

Thanks for stopping by ... and Happy Independence Day! 

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...