A Talk with a Friend

Earlier this week, we spent some time with close friends. During the course of our visit, we talked about the books we had recently read (or were in the process of still reading). I mentioned a devotional by Sam Storms (a gifted pastor and author). I shared an insight from Storm's book, More Precious Than Gold: 50 Meditations on Psalms. It's an insight that I am still gnawing on (or better said is still gnawing on me!). Storm writes,

"Every commandment in Scripture, every precept, every principle, every prohibition is lovingly designed to lead us away from what otherwise might spoil our appetite for God."


Wow! What a gift God has given us in His Word!

Have a great rest of the week!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...