Friday Coffee with PJ (Special Monday Edition)

Just a quick note to let you all know that I am on sabbatical leave until the end of August. Will be back (God willing - James 4:13-15) on Friday, September 1st with my next edition of Friday Coffee with PJ. Have a blessed summer as you walk with the King!

But as I go .... knowing how quickly this sabbatical will fly by, I leave you with these thoughts on life.


Living NOW in light of THEN!


Several years ago, when my son was working as an intern with the Lancaster New Era (now LNP), one of his first interviews was with a woman who was about to celebrate her 100th birthday. A couple of years ago, our church said “good-bye” not to just one centenarian, but two! Wow! One hundred years of living!  As I reflected on these women (yes, they were all women) and their long lives, I thought of my own age. At age 61, I have less than 39 years to join the centenarian club (Hmmm. Not sure I want to join that club!).

Regardless as to whether I live another 39 years or another 39 months – what is most important is that I live those years (or months) fully for Jesus Christ.  This life, no matter how brief or how long, is only a prelude to the main event.  Most of us get this all mixed up.  We think of this life as the main event and the next life as a mere add-on.  But in reality, Eternity is what life is all about. God created us for Eternity. He saved us for Eternity. We are headed for Eternity. Therefore, we had best live NOW for Eternity! (Colossians 3:1-4 and 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Since we are all heading to a meeting with God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth ... are you prepared to stand before him? If you are not sure, please take a moment to check this out ... Two Ways to Live: The Choice We All Face

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...