Friday Coffee with PJ

Thanks for joining me today! Pour yourself a cup of your favorite JOE as I share a couple of brief thoughts (as Sunday is coming ... and since it is "the only day of the week which I work" :) .... I must get moving on my message for Sunday morning!) 

1. I apologize for being a bit late this morning. I was out of the office yesterday and did not write this post (as Thursday is usually the day I do so). One task I did get done yesterday was to pick up my lawn mower which was at the shop for repairs. A couple of weeks ago, I ran over something in the ground as I was mowing. This chipped my blade and also bent the blade. Now with a brand new blade, I am ready to once again tackle the ever growing grass that makes up my lawn. Now ... I did try to cut the grass with my damaged-blade lawn mower ... but it just was not cutting right. I made some adjustments in hopes that it would start cutting the way it was designed to cut - but to no avail!   I needed another blade. So it is with our standing before God. We can never "make enough adjustments" to gain the favor of God and thereby attain entrance into heaven. No! As Isaiah the prophet reminds us, all of our righteous deeds are as filthy rags before God (Isaiah 64:6). We require a righteousness that is not ours! Fortunately for us, there is a righteousness that is available to us. It is the righteousness of Christ. The Apostle Paul states, "For our sake he made him (Jesus Christ) to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:21). So bottom line ... our salvation is based on a life we did not live and a death we did not die. Both of these are ours as a gift of our savior! Hallelujah! What a savior. Have you reached out to him for the righteousness you will need when you stand before God almighty on the day of judgment that is coming for all (Hebrews 9:27). If you have any questions ... check out Two Ways to Live: The Choice We All Face. 

2. I just want to let all of you who faithfully read my weekly post (and I know you are out there ... you tell me so!) ... I love you guys! You are the reason I write this blog. And I do so asking God to give me something that might encourage you (even if it is just one of you) in your walk with Jesus! I want to help you follow HIM! For there is no greater way to live this life than living it focused on the ONE who gave his All that we might find God! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...