Friday Coffee with PJ

I am gulping down a cup of coffee as I write this. I got quite a bit behind my time this week (just a little bit more busy than usual) ... so here is an abbreviated version of Friday Coffee with PJ!

On the wall I face while sitting at my desk are numerous pictures of family members, friends and missionaries. As they stare back at me, I offer up a pray for them! And I am reminded of just how rich my life is because God, in his providential plan, has crossed my path with all of these people! 

The most used word in the Newer Testament of the Bible for Christians ... is NOT the word "Christian." This word only appears three times! The word most often used to refer to God's people is the word "brethren" (or as we would say today, "brothers and sisters" - occurring some 200 times or so). The point our God is making is that the universal church is a FAMILY! His family! And I am so glad that due all to God's grace (undeserved merit) I am a member of his family! What a joy it is to be numbered among God's children! And furthermore, I am VERY grateful to God that in his providential plan he led me (over 28 years ago) to my church family here at Grace Church at Willow Valley. There is no where else I would rather be than right here, serving this family of believers for Jesus' sake! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

PS -- If you want to investigate what it means to be a Christian, please click here. 

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...