Friday Coffee with PJ (Good Friday Edition)

Thanks for joining me this morning. Usually I write this post on Thursday. Yesterday, however, was interrupted by an unplanned and unwelcome trip to the local ER. Appears that the sharp flank pains I was experiencing were the result of post surgery (March 8th with stent removal March 20th) ureteral spasms and inflammation of my left kidney. I returned home late afternoon and the pain, thankfully, subsided. I was told that it could take up to 3 months for everything to settle down. This morning (Friday), the pain is still present but nothing like yesterday. Would appreciate your prayers! Thanks! 

*Update (Friday 1:30 pm). Just got off the phone with my urologist (who did the surgery). He reviewed the CAT scan and noted that some urine had leaked from the incision he had made in the ureter which would lead to discomfort. He also told me he was a bit concerned with the degree of hydronephrosis (swelling) of my left kidney. He wants to do a ultrasound in two weeks to check on that. 

So ... with all of that ... and with Sunday coming (and a sermon to prepare), I leave you with the following quote from John Stott: 


“Even the excruciating pain could not silence his repeated entreaties: ‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.’ The soldiers gambled for his clothes. Some women stood afar off. The crowd remained a while to watch. Jesus commended his mother to John’s care and John to hers. He spoke words of kingly assurance to the penitent criminal crucified at his side. Meanwhile, the rulers sneered at him, shouting: ‘He saved others, but he can’t save himself!’ Their words, spoken as an insult, were the literal truth. He could not save himself and others simultaneously. He chose to sacrifice himself in order to save the world.” 



Thanks for stopping by . . . 

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...