Friday Coffee with PJ (Special Vacation Edition)

One of the people I follow on twitter is Church Curmudgeon (@ChurchCurmudgeon). His tweets often make me lol! Here is a recent tweet on coffee: 


The birds cannot sing
The sun doesn't rise
If I don't have coffee
To open my eyes

I can surely relate! If you can, then grab yourself a cup of your favorite coffee and join me for a special vacation edition of Friday Coffee with PJ. 

This past Saturday, my wife and I returned from a week at the beach with our kids and their families. A vacation we all enjoy (most of the time!). We love riding the waves, watching the g-kids play in the sand, walking the board walk, playing games at the house, swimming in the community pool, and, of course, eating orange and vanilla twist Korh's ice cream (due to my low sodium diet I will have to say "no" to the boardwalk fries - although I did beg a couple from my daughter)! 

There's something to be said for spending quality and quantity time with family. That's why I love this week (not always the most relaxing vacation ... but certainly a boat load of fun!). We always return home a bit more tightly bonded to one another. And that is a good thing!

What is true of our biological families, is also true of our spiritual families. The hymn writer got it right when he wrote these words in 1782:
Blest be the tie that binds, 
our hearts in Christian love;
the fellowship of kindred minds
is like to that above.

The tie that binds us together is the gospel of Jesus Christ! And when we come together around Jesus, we can enjoy a taste of heaven here on earth! So if you are a follower of Jesus, make attending your church's weekend service a priority. You not only cheat yourself. You shortchange others when you stay away! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj 

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...