Friday Coffee with PJ

Good morning one and all! It's time to pour yourself a cup of your favorite coffee and join me for a few random thoughts. 

Not sure if you saw this in the news ... but here is something that will wow you (it surely did me!). This past July at the Cube National Championship, Max Park, was crowned the national champion. Moving his hands at the speed of light, he solved the puzzle in a stunning 7.26 seconds! Wow! I think the last time I had my hands on a Rubick’s Cube, I took a sledge hammer to it after failing to solve the thing after 3 ½ months of trying (that’s a slight exaggeration – but not by much)! What Max Park accomplished is truly amazing!  

But even more amazing is what God did for us. When we were hopelessly lost in our sin and stubbornly defiant in our rebellion against Him, God showed us just how much he loved us. He did so by sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for us (Romans 5:8). Nothing required God to do this. He just did. All because He loves us – unconditionally and sacrificially. Take a moment and rejoice in God’s love for you.  And if you have never reached out to God with the empty hands of faith, consider doing so now! The eternal welfare of your soul is at stake (see Two Ways to Live: The Choice We All Face). 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...