A Thought For Your Weekend

This morning as I was doing some devotional reading in one of my favorite books, I came across the following words. Read them ... think about them ... apply them to yourself.

"The point is this: We were made to know and treasure the glory of God above all things; and when we trade that treasure for lessor things, everything is disordered. The sun of God's glory was made to shine at the center of the solar system of our soul. And when it does, all the planets of our life are held in their proper orbit. But when the sun is displaced, everything flies apart. The healing of the soul begins by restoring the glory of God to its flaming, all-attracting place at the center." (John Piper, Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ, p. 21).

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...