Think about This!


I read a quote this morning that really got me thinking. It is from the pen of C.S. Lewis (God in the Dock). Lewis writes, "Christianity is a statement which, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The one thing it cannot be is moderately important."

He is absolutely right on with this. Christianity is either true or it isn't. It can't be both. There is no - "If this works for you ... OK then, for you it's true. I just can't buy into it." The truth (or falsehood) of Christianity exists no matter if I or you or anyone else "buys into it" (or doesn't buy into it). Given this (and I realize that many 'postmoderns' out there will not give this to be true - but that is a posting for another day), then what C.S. Lewis says here is of the utmost significance. Many people would say if asked, that God and their Christian faith is fairly (i.e. "moderately") important to them. But as Lewis points out, this is not an option. Christianity is either totally irrelevant and meaningless (if false) or absolutely the most relevant and significant reality about our existence (if true). There is no "middle ground."

So, as you watch your kids play soccer this weekend or cheer on your favorite football team or spend some time shopping at the mall - think on this question: Does the way I live my life demonstrate my belief that my faith in Jesus Christ is "of infinite importance?"

Thanks for listening,
PJ

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...