Don't Worry!


Charles Haddon Spurgeon, called by many the "Prince of Preachers" preached to as many 10,000,000 people in his lifetime. From 1854 until his death in 1892, Spurgeon was the pastor of the New Park Street Chapel in London. Today, more published works by Spurgeon exist than any other Christian writer. Among the many things he wrote, consider the following brief quote:

"Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength."

Wow! Well said by Spurgeon and very true to my experience. I have yet to change anything by worrying about it! But I have found myself paralyzed with dread and fear when anxiety grabs hold of my heart. Jesus tells us ... no Jesus commands us ... to stop worrying (just check it out in Matthew 6:25-34 where three times he says "do not worry!"). So the next time you feel yourself worrying ... pick up your Bible and read Matthew 6:25-34. Put off the anxiety you feel rising up within and replace it with faith in God and HIS promises!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...