Friday Reflections

This morning, there are many thoughts bouncing around my brain. Thought I would share a few with you . . .

1. Life is precious! I have been struck with that truth every time I have held my new little grandbaby this week (which, by the way has NOT been enough!!!). The Scripture tells us that it is in God that we "live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28). Life is a gift from Him. Let's all purpose to not waste the lives he so graciously gives us!

2. God has a plan. I got to thinking about this as I mentally reviewed the life my wife and I have lived to this point: the places we have lived, the churches we have served, the people we have loved (and continue to love). In all of my life I can see signs of God's invisible hand guiding, providing, protecting. This concept of God's plan is called providence. We do ourselves harm when we lose sight of the fact that God has a plan and He is working that plan as he "works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will" (Ephesians 1:11).

3. God's grace is unbelievable! This also hit me as I was taking a backward look at my life. God has given me FAR more, EXCEEDINGLY FAR MORE than I deserve! I am so thankful to HIM for the grace he has so generously showered upon me! We all need to keep this truth in the forefront of our thinking. As James reminds us, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" (James 1:17).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...