Hey It's Monday and This Week is Vacation Bible School Week!


Yes ... hard to believe. But the first day of our VBS has arrived. We are expecting to conduct our largest VBS ever this week. And I got "drafted" to help. So between helping with VBS, continuing to develop my training materials for Africa AND the "regular" stuff of my week - it will be quite a busy week. I will do my best to keep posting ... so do stop back.

This morning, I want to share with you a brief testimonial about my limited VBS experience as a child. I was not raised in a church-going home. So VBS is not something I ever attended - until some friends who lived on my block invited my twin bro and me to go to the VBS being held at their church. And since it was summer and we were looking for things to do ... we agreed to go. I will be eternally grateful that I did! For it was there that I heard explained for the first time the gospel as it is contained in John 3:16. And even though I did not come to faith at that point (I was at that time either 10 or 11 years old) - it did move me a HUGE step closer to faith in Christ (God got a hold of me when I was 16 during the summer before my junior year in high school).

So for all of you who serve in VBS (or any children's ministry for that matter) - never grow weary in your ministry! There just may be a little boy or girl that God wants to save and use in a mighty way for HIS Kingdom. And you may just have a part in moving that child toward knowing Jesus Christ!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...