Often You See What You Are Conditioned to See!

Take a quick look at the candy bar pictured here. What do you see? A Hershey Bar. Right? Well, yes and no. Look again. It looks like a Hershey Bar. Same coloring package and same lettering style as a Hershey Bar. Even starts with the letter "H." But if you look closely you will see that the letters spell out the words, "HERETHEYARE." This is actually a photo I took of the wedding favor that was given to all the guests at a wedding I officiated this past weekend up at the Hershey Rose Gardens. The favor was a cute way to go along with the Hershey theme (the wedding toast was done with chocolate milk in champagne classes!). I must admit when I first glanced at the favor, I thought it was a regular Hershey Bar (which it really was once you took off the special wrapper). Several of the other guests at my table also confessed to the same mistake. We all took a look and saw what we were conditioned to see - a Hershey Chocolate bar.

There is a lesson here for those of us who claim to follow Jesus. We must condition ourselves to see Jesus Christ in all of life. Not just our church experience. Not just those times when we are listening to praise music on our ipod as we work out at the gym or on a car CD player as we drive to work. We must intentionally work at seeing Jesus and His Father and the Spirit in every arena of life. He's there. Always! As He states in Hebrews 13:5b, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So no matter what you might be doing .... where you might find yourself ... condition yourself to see God. And as you do, it will transform your life!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...