Back Home!

When Ted Long (one of the India team members who remained with me in India when the rest of the team left last Thursday night to return to the States) and I left our hotel in Bombay Monday evening (8:30 pm Bombay time; 11:00 Monday morning Lancaster time) - we were more than ready to get home. Both of our flights (Bombay to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Newark) were on time. Once on the ground in Newark, we breezed through immigration, baggage claim and customs. We only had to wait 20 minutes to connect with our ride ... and we were home by about 2:30 Wednesday afternoon. I couldn't quite see straight at that point (I had only slept about an hour on the plane). But I saw straight enough to know I was back in the familiar and comfortable surroundings of home!

Going to India always stretches me. And this trip perhaps a little more as I struggled a good bit with my health (which is not the norm for me). But at the end of the day, God proved Himself strong and faithful - as He always does. I believe our team accomplished our goals at the orphanage, and I saw God's blessing on my ministry of the Word this past weekend at both Norton Memorial Christ Church in Daund and Union Biblical Seminary in Pune.

Am I thankful to be home? YEP? But at the same time I am very grateful to God for the opportunities He gave to me and our 14 member team from Grace. I'll give a bit more details in the next few days. And for those of you who prayed -- a heartfelt "THANK YOU!" It was through your prayers that God gave us the strength to serve!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...