Count your BLESSINGS!

Every day from 7 AM to 3 PM our host family in Daund, India could rely on one thing - no electricity. India cannot generate enough electricity to meet the demands of its people, so rolling blackouts are a part of life. In addition to these scheduled blackouts, the loss of power can also occur at other times. This happened on our last morning in Daund (ever try shaving by flashlight?). The power went out around 4 AM and, I am guessing it stayed out until at least 3 PM that day. What amazed me is how the Indian people take it all in stride. If that were to happen here in the U. S. --- you can just imagine the public outcry!

This (among many other things) reminded me of just how much we have here in the States. We are so wealthy compared to much of the world. Yet we can so easily find things to gripe and complain about, can't we? Let me encourage you to count your blessings today - among which are the many things you (and I) take for granted (like reliable electrical service, clean water, a stocked refrigerator, an automobile to drive, etc.). God has been so good to us here in America. And it's so easy to lose sight of this. But I am grateful that God helps me to regain a focus on His provision for me every time I travel to a developing country. So let's thank God for His generous provision ... and at the same time use our God-given abundance to help those less fortunate.

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...