The Delay of Spring

It's Tuesday, March 29th at 12:48 pm as I write this posting. It's currently 40 degrees outside and forecast to peak in the mid 40's. Typically on this date we should be peaking in the mid 50's. With the exception of a couple of days two weeks ago ... we have been averaging much below normal when it comes to our daily temperatures. And I see snow in the forecast for Friday April 1st (Is this come cruel April Fool's Day joke?). I can't speak for you but I can speak for myself. "Please, Lord, send some weather to match the season!"

Now I must admit that I have grumbled more than once today about the weather. But then I got to thinking about the people in Japan. Especially the several hundred thousand that are still in evacuation centers. Many of these have no realistic hope of ever returning home ... if they even have a home still standing. In light of that kind of suffering, what's a few colder than normal days? Really - NO BIG DEAL! At least I can go home and walk into my nice warm house and sleep tonight in my nice warm bed! 

Friends, thankfulness is something that all of us need to be intentionally cultivating in our lives. It is so easy to focus on what we do not have (warm spring breezes) and lose sight of what we do have (homes, clothing, food, clean water, and most importantly - hope in Jesus Christ!). Psalm 100 stresses the importance of a thankful spirit. Take a moment and reflect on its words. Then take some time and thank God for the many ways he has blessed you!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...