Now Here's A Thought As You Start Your New Work Week!

Last week I ran across this quote from J. I. Packer's book, Knowing God. I shared it with our church staff and thought you all might enjoy it as well. It gives me goosebumps to think of God's love as Packer describes it!


“What matters supremely, therefore, is not, in the last analysis, the fact that I know God, but the larger fact that underlies it – the fact that He knows me. I am graven on the palms of His hands, I am never out of His mind. All my knowledge of Him depends on His sustained initiative in knowing me. I know Him because He first knew me and continues to know me. He knows me as a friend . . .
There is tremendous relief in knowing that His love to me is utterly realistic based at every point on prior knowledge of the worst about me, so that no discovery can now disillusion Him about me. “
(J. I. Packer, Knowing God)


Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...