Labor Day Thoughts

I am guessing that a lot of backyard picnics might have to be moved in today. Looks like more rain is coming our way today (and for much of this week). So as you spend some time sitting in your lazy boy on this Labor Day holiday, take a few moments to reflect about your labor.

1. If you are employed (and with 9% unemployment, there are many who are not) - thank God for His provision of your job (James 1:17). In addition, thank him for the health you have that allows you to work and provide for your family (Deuteronomy 8:16-18).

2. When you return to work, give your employer the best you have to give (Ephesians 6:5-8). Work as if working for Jesus Christ. In doing so, you will be a positive testimony for Him - something that those in your workplace need to see!

3. Finally, be sure to honor God with the firstfruits of your labors (Proverbs 3:9). Doing so is an act of faith on your part in which you say, "God, here is a portion of my income. I am going to trust you that at the end of the week I will still have enough to pay all my bills."

Happy Labor Holiday to one and all!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...