So ... What Should a Sunday Worship Service Be All About?

As I write these words, Grace Church will gather for its first of two corporate worship celebrations. Something that has already happened 38 times this year (and over 1100 times since I began pastoring here in 1989!).  So ... since this is something that we as a church do with weekly regularity, are we doing it "right?"  Is there even a "right" way to worship together as a church?

Kevin DeYoung, on the Gospel Coalition blog, offers up Five Thoughts on Worship. It will take you only a few minutes to read, but it will prove to be a wise investment of those few minutes - no matter how busy you might be!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

1 comment:

Day-Dreaming Optimist said...

Very interesting thoughts about worship in that link - it reminded me of CS Lewis's writings. Profound, almost too profound for me to wrap my mind around in some of the paragraphs. Maybe because the coffee hasn't hit me yet lol.
At any rate, thank you for sharing this. I hope others will be able to read it and ponder the thoughts as well.

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...