Saying "NO!" to Sin!

All of us, if honest, would admit to struggling with temptation and sin. The Apostle Paul referenced his struggle in these words: "For I do not the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing" (Romans 7:19). Hmm. Can you identify with him? I sure can!  And the struggle will continue for all of us until we exist this life and enter the next.

Now this does not mean that we just give up! We must continue the struggle as Paul urges us to do in Romans 6:12-13 as we say "No!" to sin and "Yes!" to God. And as we continue in the struggle we have this promise from God: "For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace" (Romans 6:14).

If you are serious about saying "No!" to sin .... keep the following words in mind. They are are a good reminder of the ugly side of sin!


"Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay" (Source unknown). 

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...