A Prayer about God's Sovereignty in My Daily Routine

All of us who claim allegiance to Jesus Christ as the Lord and King of the Universe would agree that He is indeed sovereign, that he works ALL things after the counsel of his own will (Ephesians 1:11). Yet when it comes to accepting the outworking of his sovereign will in our lives ... especially in those times when we feel pain ... we struggle. Below is a prayer from Scotty Smith that you just might want to make yours!


      "I don’t have any problem with you setting up and sitting down presidents, premiers, and potentates. But when it comes to things that are limiting, inconvenient, or a contradiction of my sensibilities or plans, sometimes I question your focus, timing and goodness.

     Free me from such foolishness and arrogance. You’re always at work for your glory and our good. Nothing goes unnoticed before your throne of grace. There’s no lapse in communication. Wires never get crossed in heaven. You’ve promised to do all things well, not make all things easy."

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...