Rejoicing this Lord's Day in the Blessings of the Cross!

This morning as I was reading a Puritan prayer (from the book, Valley of Vision), I was struck by a segment of the prayer that listed the blessings that are ours as a result of Christ's death on the cross. I thought I would pass these on to you. Rejoice with me in how blessed we are because God so loved us that he gave his one and only Son!

Because of the cross and our faith in Christ's sacrifice for us . . .
"atonement is achieved,
satisfaction made,
guilt done away,
my debt paid,
my sins forgiven,
my person redeemed,
my soul saved,
hell vanquished,
heaven opened,
eternity made mine."

Praise God for his indescribable gift!!! Have a great Lord's Day!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...