Friday coffee with PJ

I hope you have your favorite brew of Java ready to sip as I share a few random thoughts with you.

1. If our weather outside is any indicator of the kind of winter we are going to have… I would love to take the first plane south! Yesterday morning as I was watching the news, the weather guy reported that the temperature (not wind chill) was 14 below zero in Denver. That is a whopping 39° below the average low temperature for Denver for this date (avg low is 25°). Now thankfully, as this cold air mass heads are away, it will moderate. So even though it will be cold, it won't be that cold! And perhaps that's how we're going to have to approach this upcoming winter. It may get cold and it may get snowy, but there's always places on this planet that will be colder and will have much more snow! Just saying!  So no matter what difficulty you may be facing in life, remind yourself that you're not alone, and that there are many others who are going through worst circumstances. And no matter how difficult your situation might be, if you have chosen to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, he has promised never to leave you nor forsake you! And that my friends, is quite the comfort!

2. As I write these words, Al Roker, the popular weatherman of NBC's today show, is trying to get his name into the Guinness book of world records. His goal is to, without interruption, report the weather for 34 consecutive hours. He is currently 18 hours in. Millions of people are watching via live stream on their computers and mobile devices. I must admit I just turned in to see how he was
doing. He is looking pretty tired. I have to ask myself why is he doing this? I know he's talking about raising money for charity. And I'm sure that's part of it.  In fact that might be the major part of it. And certainly his effort is connected with the fact that yesterday was Guiness Book of World Records Day. But all I can say is that I don't think I would ever launch out on such a feat. It would be like me preaching for 34 consecutive hours. That is something I would never attempt and certainly something my church family would not want to endure!!!

Thanks for stopping by ...
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...