Friday Coffee with PJ - Special Saturday Mid Morning Edition

I am just now finishing up my third (and final) cup of coffee of the morning. If you were looking for this post yesterday, my apologies. I ran out of week before I ran out of work!

1. First, an arm update. I am now up to doing two pound curls with my left arm. Monday, I move up to three! Wow! So things are progressing well, so it seems, with the repair of the biceps tendon. However, it is a different story with my wrist and hand. Not much change in the amount of pain and stiffness. I see the Orthopedic doctor on Tuesday. I would appreciate your prayers. Even though this is making my life hard at times ... I keep reminding myself that my life is still not nearly as hard as what some others are going through AND that, at the end of the day, God is ALWAYS good! Thanks for your prayers!

2. When I was in high school, I sang on year in the school choir. For our holiday concert, we sang the song, "Snow, Snow, When Are You Falling?" For folks in the Buffalo area, that is one question they need not ask. As you already have heard, some areas received about seven feet of snow! Seven feet! Ouch. That is way too much snow! Given the fact that I am physically limited, I am hoping that we see less than our fair share of snow this winter. But ... ultimately that is up to God, for He is sovereign ... and that means even over the amount of snow we receive (Job 37:6).

3.  It's a shame that the Thanksgiving holiday only comes around once a year. I simply love this holiday! I love getting together with our family. I love the smorgasbord of food that is prepared (and then consumed!), AND I love the time it affords me to sit back and count my blessings. Unfortunately, I fear that for so many of us ... we place the emphasis on the first two items on my "Why I Enjoy Thanksgiving" list and almost ignore the third. To help you prepare for Thanksgiving, I heartily recommend that you head over to Crossway's web site and sign up for Paul Tripp's Daily Thanksgiving Devotional (click here for the site). I have been using it from day one and have found it to be quite challenging and encouraging (I even shared one of the devotionals with my Life Group this past Thursday evening). So take the time to sign up ... and then read them when they arrive in your inbox. It will be time well spent!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...