Friday Coffee with PJ

Today is Friday ... so that means another cup of coffee (or whatever your favorite cup of brew might be ... but on a cold morning like this, I sure hope it's hot!) and a couple of random thoughts for your spiritual growth!

1, Yesterday I heard a report about Americans and their lack of effort in the area of cyber security. In spite of the data breaches that we hear about every day, most people are not following the advice of security experts to change their passwords every so often and to stay away from the really simple passwords that people use. The reality is that few ever change their passwords and almost always use very simple passwords (which I get because it is downright frustrated to get locked out of an account because you can't remember your password). But how simple are these commonly used passwords. The most common is "1-2-3-4-5-6." The second most common - "password." Ouch. Mine, at least, are a bit more difficult than that!

As I think of this lack of cyber security, I am reminded of the security we have in Christ. We do not have to worry about passwords and changing them regularly. We are absolutely secure in our salvation because it is Christ who keeps us (John 10:27-28). And there is nothing in all the created realm that could ever rip us out of his hand (Romans 8:38-39)! We are forever firmly in HIS grip!

2. On Tuesday I had an appointment with my orthopedic doctor. It was a good discussion about my current condition, and what might have to happen if significant improvement does not occur (which is rather unlikely to happen). I asked a lot of questions, and he took the time to answer them to my satisfaction. I was no sooner out the door of the exam room, when I remembered a question I had forgotten to ask. Spotting the doctor down the hall filling in my chart, I walked over his way and got that question answered. Moments later, as I pulled out of the office and began my drive to my next appointment, I recalled another question I had meant to ask and did not (lesson here: write down your questions ahead of time!). So, yesterday morning I placed a call to his admin assistant. Getting her voice mail, I left a message which included the question I had failed to ask. Needless to say, I am still waiting a call back. After all, the doctor is quite busy between seeing patients and performing surgery. So I will patiently wait to hear from him. But in the spiritual realm, we never have to worry about connecting with our Father in Heaven. He is always available to hear from us, day or night! And that you can forever count on!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...