PJ

PJ

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Back from Hiatus

Well, it's been 18 days since my last post. Some of you might be wondering if I had skipped town. No, just the opposite. I have been pretty much confined to home. In fact, nine of those days were spent almost exclusively at home. It all started with a surgical procedure on Tuesday, January 27th. After recovering from that, I came down with the flu (yep, got the flu shot ... and, like the experts warned, this year's vaccine was only 25% effective!). So, I have been a bit "out of the loop" the past couple of weeks. 

But now I am back ... for better or for worse! But in the midst of this down time, God has been reminding me of how self-sufficient I can tend to be. And you know, HE (as always) is right on the mark. My self-sufficiency probably comes out most clearly in my prayer life (or at times LACK of a prayer life). If I truly believed that all that I do in life and ministry is dependent upon God and his enablement --- I would pray far more than I do. How about you? Do your prayers (or lack of prayers) demonstrate more self-sufficiency or more God-dependency? Now there's a question ALL of us would benefit by answering honestly ... and then, with God's help ... make some needed changes in how we live and pray! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Back from Hiatus

Well, it's been 18 days since my last post. Some of you might be wondering if I had skipped town. No, just the opposite. I have been pretty much confined to home. In fact, nine of those days were spent almost exclusively at home. It all started with a surgical procedure on Tuesday, January 27th. After recovering from that, I came down with the flu (yep, got the flu shot ... and, like the experts warned, this year's vaccine was only 25% effective!). So, I have been a bit "out of the loop" the past couple of weeks. 

But now I am back ... for better or for worse! But in the midst of this down time, God has been reminding me of how self-sufficient I can tend to be. And you know, HE (as always) is right on the mark. My self-sufficiency probably comes out most clearly in my prayer life (or at times LACK of a prayer life). If I truly believed that all that I do in life and ministry is dependent upon God and his enablement --- I would pray far more than I do. How about you? Do your prayers (or lack of prayers) demonstrate more self-sufficiency or more God-dependency? Now there's a question ALL of us would benefit by answering honestly ... and then, with God's help ... make some needed changes in how we live and pray! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Are You Preparing for Eternity?

Our journey on earth is but a breath ... a heart beat when compared to the expanse of Eternity. We all must remember that how we live live in the here and now will impact our experience in the then and there.

Thoughts on how biblical truth impacts all of life.