Friday Coffee with PJ

Amazon was in the news this week as its web site was overwhelmed during its Prime Day Sale. I ordered two items. Any guess? Well, I'll confess. I ordered 200 k-cups of coffee (two different roasts) at a really, really good price! With our family beach trip just around the corner, it thought I could buy enough to get us thru the week (our family drinks a lot of coffee - guess the beans didn't fall far from the tree!) 😎  Speaking of coffee ... I invite you to pour yourself a cup and join me for a few random thoughts. 

I just saw an article about a certain house for sale in Los Angeles. The listing for the house boasts that it is the "second most photographed house in the United States behind the White House." The asking price is just under $2 million. Any guess? 


The Brady Bunch House
The house was used for the exterior shots of the family's home on the classic sitcom, The Brady Bunch (the interior scenes were filmed in a studio). The current owners are hoping to sell to someone who will preserve the house's legacy. 

Hmm. A house's legacy? Let's talk a moment about a person's legacy. A legacy is something we leave behind once our earthly pilgrimage is over. Often this takes the form of some sort of inheritance. Perhaps a house, bank accounts, or some other piece of personal property. But there is something far more important that we can leave behind, especially for those of us who have chosen to follow Jesus Christ. Here is what I am hoping to leave behind. People. Family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, and others of whom I have had the privilege of knowing. I pray that as I have interacted with these people (and continue to do so as long as my journey goes on), they will see in me the love of my Savior. If even a small handful of these go on to love Jesus more because of my impact upon them - that is the legacy that I most want to leave behind! People more in love with Jesus Christ because of something I said or did. 

How about you? What legacy are you hoping to leave behind when your earthly journey is done? 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...