Friday Coffee with PJ

It's Friday and time for another brief addition of Friday Coffee with PJ. So brew yourself a cup of your fav java ... and join me for some random thought which I hope will help you in your spiritual walk with Jesus! 

This week I had the opportunity to visit Fremont, Ohio. Now I am guessing most of you have never been to Fremont, and if given a map of Ohio would have no clue as to where to find it. Fremont is the county seat of Sandusky County. It sits about 40 miles southeast of Toledo. As of the 2010 census, just under 17,000 people lived in Fremont. Now some of you history buffs might know of Fremont, for it hosts the Presidential Library and Museum of former President Rutherford B. Hayes (the 19th president of the United States). But beyond this interesting site (I am a history buff), there's not much to see in Fremont (following Haye's Library, Trip Advisor lists the Sandusky River and the Sandusky Jail as the next best "things to do" in Fremont!). 

So you might be wondering what took me to Fremont (if not, feel free to sign off now). I was there to take in part of our Charis Fellowship of Churches Access 2018 Conference. It was well worth the drive (about 8 hours with stops ... and of course, with Starbucks to be found in the Turnpike rest plazas, we had to make just a few stops!) 😉  The conference is designed to give "access" to others who are serving within our Charis Fellowship so that we might learn from one another. And it delivered on that promise! "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17). 

God never intended his people to walk the Christian life alone. So he gave us the church. Spiritual communities of believers who commit to one another to follow Jesus. And for us in the Charis Fellowship, he gave us our fellowship of churches so we can learn from one another and encourage one another in our pursuit of truth, relationship, and mission. At the center of this pursuit is our commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior! 

When I walked in my front door upon my return from Fremont, I hope I returned a changed man. A better man. A man more in tune with God and more intent on the mission he has given to us. How about you? Are you seeking to live your life on mission for Christ? Do you even know Jesus? If you have any questions about what this all means, please take a moment to check out Two Ways to Live: The Choice We All Face. 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...