Back Home .... Yeah!

Last week I travelled over 1500 miles by car and by plane in order to attend board meetings at Grace College and Seminary in Winona Lake, Indiana. It was a profitable time away (thanks to all who prayed!). But I was one very glad (and tired) soul when I pulled into my driveway at 106 Providence Place late Sunday night.


There is something about home that soothes the tired heart. I thoroughly enjoyed the "welcome home" hugs from my wife and the good night sleep I enjoyed in my own bed. Home is just plain out comfortable! It is my favorite place on the planet!

But you know, as much as I enjoy my earthly home - my heavenly home will be a gazillion times more comfortable, more enjoyable, more exceedingly wonderful! Jesus has been preparing a place for me there in His Father's house (check out the first few verses of John 14). And if you are one of HIS followers, he is also preparing a place for you! So no matter how tired you might become - no matter how much pain and heartache you are going through here - one day, you will be home! And once there, you will never endure a sleepless night again!
"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!' Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." (Revelation 21:3-5)

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...