The Wrong Place at the Wrong Time? Never!


Last night I talked with a couple who collided with a deer last week. Thankfully they were OK. I am not sure about the deer, but I would guess that it did not survive. As for the car, it suffered a fair amount of damage. And it just so happened that it was a brand new car (Murphy's Law 76 - If you hit a deer it will be when your car is less than a year old)!

As they related their story to me, my thoughts went back to my drive last week through the farmlands of north central Indiana. As I started out shortly after 6:00 last Thursday morning, my eyes picked up a deer crossing the road just a few yards in front of me. If I had been just a second or two sooner - I, too would have been able to moan about hitting a deer.

Deer cross roads all the time. And whenever a deer is crossing a road, it does not stop to look both ways for oncoming traffic! As a result, approximately 350,000 deer are killed each year! That is a lot of deer!!! Now is this a case of the deer (or the vehicle) simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time? I guess we could say that ... except for the fact that God is sovereign and has a plan and is working that plan (see Ephesians 1:11). We call this providence. And in God's providence - none of us are EVER in "the wrong place at the wrong time." We can always be assured that God is "working all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...