Look, Grampy, at What I Found!

Kaleb Kidd was out running around chasing squirrels and having a blast. The three year old is all boy. And like many three year old boys, he likes rocks. So when he found a rather unusual looking rock, he pointed it out to his granddad. The "rock" was actually not a rock at all. Rather, Kaleb had stumbled across a tooth from the long extinct woolly mammoth (just like the woolly mammoth, Manfred (a.k.a. "Manny") from the two Ice Age movies). Wow! Can you believe that! You talk about the "find of a lifetime!" And little Kaleb is only three! He will have a hard time topping that!

But there is a find that is much more exciting than even finding a tooth from a long ago mammoth. It is the finding of eternal life. If you look at the top of my blog page, you will find the following words: Our days are like a passing cloud, a puff of steam, a melting snow flake, a fading dream. Given how quickly our days pass - what would our existence be if we did not have eternal life to anticipate, to look forward to??? As each day fades into the rear view mirror of my life, I am grateful to God that I found eternal life in Jesus Christ! How about YOU? Have you found it? If you want to converse with me on just how you can look forward to an eternal existence in heaven - please email me at jsmith@gracewv.org. I'll be glad to help show the way!


Thanks for stopping by,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...