Gett'n Ready!

A bit later today I will be spending some time getting my snow blower out of storage and prepping it for use (and I surely hope I can get it "up and running!"). Now why am I going to do this today? There is no snow falling from the sky - in fact I see some sunshine, which has been is short supply recently around here! Well, as you probably well know, there is a winter storm heading our way. It may drop quite a bit of snow ... or it may be mainly sleet and freezing rain .... or it may just end up rain. But no matter the end result - I want to be prepared just in case we get several inches of snow! Being prepared is a good thing! (As a boy scout, this concept was DRILLED into my head by my scoutmaster. "Be Prepared" was the motto of the scouts).

This leads me to a question for you to ponder this weekend - Are YOU prepared for whatever life might bring your way? None of us know the future (that is, I believe, a good thing!). But we know the ONE who does know the future. And in HIS Word (the Bible), he has given to us lots of insights for living -- life principles that if we practice, we will be prepared to face - whatever!

So I hope you are spending time getting to know the Bible better -- and remember, God does not want you to merely KNOW the Bible -- he wants you to LIVE the Bible!

Thanks for stopping by,


pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...