Oh, No! I'm Late!

This morning something happened that does not happen very often - but when it does, I get down right irritated ... at myself! I was late for an early morning appointment. In fact, I had forgotten all about it. Even though I was involved in setting it up and even though it was clearly marked on my calendar (BOTH hard copy and computer) - I simply forgot about it. I did not remember it until I just happened to glance at my calendar and saw it staring back at me. OOPS! Thankfully, that "just happened to glance at my calendar" occurred at 6:10 this morning (the meeting's start time was 6:00) AND thankfully the location was just a few minutes drive from my house. So I finally arrived at the meeting (already in progress) at 6:30. The server greeted me with "Better late than never!" (And all I could think to respond was - "Yes, but better never late!" I was glad that the guys I was meeting with are really forgiving!

Now my guess is that most of you can relate to this incident. All of us from time to time and place to place forget an appointment or are late for a meeting. It happens. And it will most likely happen again. But there is one person whom we can count on. He will never be late for an appointment or forget about a meeting. This perfect person is none other than Jesus Christ. Some where down the road of human history a date is set. On that date Jesus Christ WILL return. He will not forget. He will not be late. We can count on Him. And according to the Bible, his return is imminent. That means it could happen AT ANY TIME. Today? Yes! Tomorrow? Yep! Next year? Absolutely. Knowing this, we MUST all be sure we are ready. The apostle John puts it this way, "And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming" (1 John 2:28). Are YOU "continuing in him?" Are you a student of the word, seeking to KNOW God's will -- and striving to obey God's will? Only then will we be ready for his certain return!
Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...