Savor the Moment!

This past Saturday, I had the privilege of participating in the December commencement ceremony at Lancaster Bible College and Graduate School. Each year, I teach a few courses in the college's Degree Completion Program. As an adjunct faculty member, participation at graduation is optional for me. I opted to participate this time around in response to the request of several of my students. It felt good to be wanted!

At one point during the commencement, the president of LBC, Dr. Peter Teague was congratulating the graduates for their efforts. He told them to "savor the moment." Indeed, it was for them a moment to be savored! They had worked hard. They had sacrificed. Now they were reaping their reward!

Hmm. "Savor the moment!" All too often I fail to do that. So today, I am going to intentionally work on savoring the moment -- those moments when I am reaping God's blessing in my life! Savoring time spent in God's Word - learning about Him and His plan for me and our world. Savoring lunch with my wife and daughter, enjoying their love and laughter. Savoring the friendship I enjoy with my elders here at Grace. Savoring my health which enables me to listen to the Christmas music that I love. Savoring the moment of crawling into a warm bed on a cold night.

My friends, let me encourage each of you to intentionally today (and every day) to "savor the moment" - those moments in which you reap God's many blessings in your life! If you do, I think you will become a far more contented person. And that is a good thing for ALL of us!

Thanks for stopping by,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...