The Biggest and the Best Family Reunion of All Time!

83-year-old Irene Famulak is about to experience something she never dreamed possible. After a separation of 66 years, she is about to be reunited with her younger brother. It was in 1942 when the Nazis invaded her home in Ukraine. Irene, along with her parents and 6 brothers and sisters were shipped off to concentration camps in Germany. She hasn't seen another family member since ... but that is about to change. Her younger brother used the services of the Red Cross Holocaust in Germany to see if he could track down any surviving family members. The search led to Irene who now lives in Philadelphia. Now the family is planning to get the two of them together in Germany. And how does Irene feel about all of this? "I'm so happy. I’m going to hug him. I’m going to kiss him. I’m going to cry. I want to see him."

Now that is QUITE the feel-good story! I cannot imagine the emotion that both Irene and her brother are experiencing. But I am very happy for them! Family reunions (especially after a LOONNGGG separation) can be so much fun!

The day is coming for followers of Jesus on which we will experience the family reunion to beat ALL family reunions! You can read about it in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. But we will be reunited with all of our loved ones who have preceded us to heaven. What a glorious day that will be!!!


Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...