So What Am I Complaining About??!!??

Yesterday as I was driving through Lancaster with my wife seated in the front seat next to me, a very slow motorist in front of me caused me to hit a red light that I should have easily gone through as a green light. I heaved a great sigh and began the old grumbling under my breath routine. My wife, being ever so gracious, gently asked me why stopping at a red light was bothering me so much. Ouch! She was right! Why did that bother me? After all, at most it would cause me to arrive at my destination a minute or two later than if I had made the light! And really, what is that compared to the suffering of people around the world such as the survivors of the Typhoon in Myanmar and the earthquake in China.

I was reminded again of just how silly it is when we complain and grumble about the little stuff in life that irritates us as I was reading this morning the opening chapters of Job. Here was a guy that lost all of his possessions, all ten of his children and his health - and yet did not complain! In fact, Job 1:21 tells us that he fell to the ground in worship and said these striking words, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." Job's response is certainly one worthy of imitation!

Thanks for stopping by. . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...