Are You Driven?

Driven people? They are easy to spot. Always on the go. Blackberry in hand. Propelled forward (fast-forward that is) by their various agendas and to do lists. Always pushing to do that "little bit more" that it will take to get ahead in this existence we know as the Great American Rat Race. I hate to admit it, but I am far too often a "driven" person!

This tendency in me toward "drivenness" comes out most often when I am behind the wheel. I get behind an Amish buggy or stopped by a traffic light - and I can often at these times start to fume inside. My wife, who knows me oh so well - knows when I am fuming inside and will be quick to point out that these delays are minor ... very minor when considered in the grand scheme of all things. And she is right! I mean, what does getting where I am going sixty seconds later really matter? Not much!

My guess is that many of you are also driven (some more than me - some less). Most of us could probably benefit by just pausing, taking a deep breath, and relaxing a little. So, in the midst of the busyness of life -- and the agendas and to do lists that tend to drive us - let's all take time out to "be still and know that the Lord is God" (See Psalm 46). Let's focus on HIS call on our lives. Let's spend more time getting to know God and less time trying to "get ahead." Life's too short to waste it on stuff that really doesn't matter!


Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...