God Calls Us to Get Intentional about THINKING!

There are times when I look at what people do and I ask myself, “WHAT were they thinking?” That question popped into my mind as I was reading the newspaper one evening. A guy named Gary Brunner went to the local police station and to inquire if there were any outstanding warrants on him. The answer? Yep! He was arrested on the spot (for drug possession, Carmel, N.Y.)! Then there’s the case of Bryan Palmer, 21, and Peggy Casey, 31. Police were investigating a burglary in South Windsor, Connecticut. The couple were questioned and released. As the investigation progressed, the detectives changed their minds about Palmer and Casey and began a futile search for them. But they should not have wasted their time and effort. The couple showed up back at the station to check on the status of the investigation. I guess they found out when they were read their rights!

Many people today just don’t think (OK, perhaps their situation is not as extreme as the two above – but people would rather be entertained and amused today than think). God calls His people to THINK! In 1 Peter 1:13, Peter tells us to “prepare your MINDS for action.” Jesus Himself told us we are to love the Lord our God “with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your MIND (Matthew 22:37). So God calls out to all of us, “Let my people think!” If you need some guidance on what you need to think about, open your Bible and read Philippians 4:8 and THINK!

Thanks for stopping by. . .

Pastor John

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...