On My Way to Indiana

Today I catch a mid-morning flight to Indianapolis. I am heading out to Indiana to attend the Board of Trustees meetings of Grace College and Grace Theological Seminary. The two schools are located in north-central Indiana, in the small resort town of Winona Lake. The Board is made up of about two dozen men and women from across the United States (and one member lives in Germany). We meet twice a year (March and November). Now I take this responsibility very seriously. The Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches (of which our church is a member) has entrusted the direction and well-being of these two schools to our Board. That is why we are called a Board of Trustees. We have been put in trust for these two schools. I also serve on the Board of Trustees of Hebrew Christian Fellowship. HCF is a board which focuses on reaching Jewish people for Christ. Again, our Board has been entrusted with the oversight of this mission.

In a similar way - every single follower of Jesus Christ has been entrusted with many things. But the most important is the GOSPEL. In 1 Thessalonians 2:4 we read, "On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts." So how are you handling this trust? Are your striving to live the gospel? Are you seeking to share the gospel?

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

PS - I will do my best to post from Indiana ... but the schedule is quite full so I may not be able to post until I return. I would very much appreciate your prayers for me and my fellow Board members. Thanks!

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...